Monday, December 12, 2005

Lightedballs for Christmas


My street, Ridgeway, must have 300 or more large lighted Christmas balls hanging in the oak trees. My neighbors across the street, Jonathan and Anne, started it all. They decorated their trees first. Then they were really rambunctious and held after Thanksgiving "learning" parties. Two articles in our local newspaper, one last year, and one this year, have been written about the Smiths and the lighted balls. This year's article tells how to make the balls in three easy steps (if you can believe that!). It is difficult to take a picture of lighted objects, but here you can see just the number of lights looking east down the street perpendicular to Ridgeway. I will work on getting a blurry picture of Ridgeway later.

Our street really gets a lot of traffic in December so I have to be really careul to always have my black dog on a good leash when we venture out for her to do her business.

Prima is afraid of a moving bush, a plastic bag or a bag of leaves, but cars don't phase her in the least even though I tell her they are dangerous and bad etc.

1 comment:

Diane Grey Davis said...

Hey Marlene,
I contributed to the heavy traffic near your home. I enjoyed the scene with my grandson. We think that it feels like passing through a Christmas Tree.
Lowell and I drove some out-of-town guests down your street from Market to Friendly. They had never seen anything like it. They loved it.
Please thank your neighbors for the treat!