Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Books

I don't know why I don't update this blog more often. I could be taking my book notes right here. Well, that might be boring to others. I read the book that a local high school is using for its all school read this fall. The book is Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. The book is an easy read, as they say, and the story is gripping. There is so much to discuss in this book. I hope all the students and faculty read it and that they will have a great time the first few days discussing this book while they are waiting to come up to snuff in the various classes. What a grand idea.

I also finished Randy Pausch's Last Lecture book. It is small book, but lovingly written and it offers some simple advice for living. Mostly Have Fun.

The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is well-written. You can certainly get an education about the Dominican Republic by studying the foot notes and looking up some of the history yourself. Why are there such evil people in the world and why do so many become leaders of small countries? When you figure it out, leave a message for me.

So many good books are out there and there is so little time to read each and everyone.

No comments: